Unfortunately, some youth face anything but idyllic summer months. When the school doors close, many children struggle to access educational opportunities, as well as basic needs such as healthy meals and adequate adult supervision. — National Summer Learning Association
No need to reinvent the wheel! Check out these programs and invest in kids this summer:
- Link Up Greater Houston: Summer of Learning
- Connect4Literacy Summer Reading Camps & More!
- Texas Hunger Initiative Summer Meals
- Lunch at the Library
- The Mayor’s Summer Jobs Program
- Project Grad Summer College Institutes
Free Summer Meals 2016
You can also contact your local school to ask if you can help with tutoring, mentoring, or teacher support during summer school. Click here for more on the importance of reading over the summer.
Know of any other Summer resources? Let us know!
Want help getting started? Let us know!