Q: We’d like to partner with a school, but it’s almost the end of the school year. Can we still help?
A: Yes! See below for ideas. (You don’t have to do everything — ask your local school which one(s) they’d like help with!):
- Provide breakfast for teachers and students during STAAR testing.
- Teachers are likely running low on supplies by now and have to buy extras using their own money. Ask if you can help restock.
- Volunteer at end-of-year parties, spring carnivals, and field trips, or provide snacks or supplies.
- Many schools give out student awards. Offer to make these awards more special with gift cards or other tokens of appreciation.
- Prom can be expensive! Hold a clothing drive to collect gently used dresses, suits, shoes, etc. (Many districts are holding drives – check with yours to see how you can help!) Offer to help with flowers or photography.
- Help teachers pack up their classrooms at the end of the year.
- Students might be accepted into college but may not be able to afford to go. Offer scholarships!
- Offer scholarships to summer camps, or host summer programs at your church.
(Have another idea? Leave a comment below!)