We hope you’re staying dry and safe! Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to connect you with the resources and help you need during this time.
Friend, how will your faith compel you to action for the sake of God’s glory?
Faith in Action
- Kids can help fill backpacks of food so families don’t go hungry on weekends.
- Teenagers can tutor younger students. (High schoolers need volunteer hours!)
- Business professionals can speak at career days or host field trips at their workplaces. (Many companies also allow employees to leave during the day to mentor for an hour each week.)
- Stay-at-home parents and retirees can mentor students, or support teachers in the classroom or teacher workroom during the school day.
- Everyone can pray, cheer for students at sporting events, participate in school festivals, or help with renovations and community gardens.
The possibilities for how a church can serve a local school are endless! What’s essential is for each church to serve with no agenda, commit to the partnership, and keep the lines of communication open. The schools are the experts in these partnerships, so it’s important to serve with humility while affirming their work and working toward their goals. Let us know if you’re interested in starting a serving partnership with your local school – we’d love to help!
If you’re not interested in serving a school, what breaks your heart? We’re constantly discovering wonderful things happening around the city and can put you in touch with a great ministry or organization. May our faith compel each of us to compassionate action!