Did you know that Loving Houston has some amazing board members? This month, we’ve asked two of them to share about their experiences with church-school partnerships. Read on to hear from our beloved Dave Peterson and Judye Hartman:
- A smile is your passport into the hearts of others.
- Land is always on the mind of a flying bird
- Ignore previous fortunes
- You will die alone and poorly dressed (How would you like to get that one?)
- Help! I’m being held prisoner in a Chinese bakery
- The fortune you seek is in another cookie
- You’ll be hungry again in an hour
- Don’t eat any Chinese food today
Pastor Emeritus, Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church
An 11-Year Old Partnership in Houston ISD
Being a volunteer for 11 years at Piney Point has deepened my personal faith and understanding of God’s presence in my life. I have learned, many times over, that God is already at work in schools like Piney Point Elementary, and is waiting for His believers to join Him in caring for these children, teachers, and families. Every time I am at the school, someone says to me, “I don’t know what Piney Point would do without your church.” They are so grateful for the love and help our church gives them. They have no idea how the lives of our members have been enriched and blessed by our work there. If you and your church are considering working with a school, Loving Houston would love to help you start a life-changing relationship.
Partnership Co-Chair, Piney Point Elementary / Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church