In just the past 30 days, we have received requests for church partners for 38 schools right here in the Houston area – wow! What an opportunity to love the children, parents, and teachers in our communities with the love of Jesus in a tangible way!
Would you help us find church partners for every single one of these 38 schools?
1) Pray that God would lead us to the churches He’s been preparing.
2) Join us at an upcoming workshop to learn how you and your church can be the answer to an educator’s prayer for a church partner. (If you’re already in a partnership, share your story with another church and invite them to attend!)
As you prepare for Easter this week, consider with me the possible impact in our communities if our churches were to go OUT into our communities instead of waiting for people to show up on Sundays. To be clear, I hope and pray that many people will show up at your church this Sunday. I hope and pray that thousands of people across Greater Houston will hear the life-changing Gospel for the first time this weekend.
But I’m also praying that the life-transforming work of the Church continues beyond this Sunday. I’m praying that churches across Greater Houston will empower their people to live out their faith in their communities and spheres of influence Monday through Sunday – building relationships with the people in their workplaces, their neighborhoods, and yes, in their local schools as well! These relationships are the kinds of personal relationships Jesus had with the people in His community who may not have showed up to hear Him preach otherwise. And it’s through these relationships that people will be able to see and experience God’s faithfulness, healing, grace, and provision – as we love them as He first loved us.
May we be faithful in loving the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength, AND in loving our neighbors as ourselves. Happy Easter, y’all!
Until every school has a committed, caring church partner!
- Houston ISD’s Superintendent recently left for New York. Pray for wisdom for Interim Superintendent Grenita Latham, the Houston ISD Board of Trustees, district leaders, and corporate and community partners as we collaborate during this time for the well-being of our children.
- Pray for the many Houston-area school districts that are undergoing major budget challenges. Pray for wisdom as they strategize within their districts and advocate for system-wide changes.
- Pray for students and teachers who are feeling unsafe at their schools given recent events. Pray for compassion to love those who feel unloved, for excellent medical and mental health support for our students, and for wisdom for policy-makers, legislators, and community leaders as they make decisions for the safety and well-being of our children and our schools.
- Pray for church partners for the 38 schools mentioned previously!
Schools are gearing up for STAAR testing next month! This can be a stressful time, but also a great time to encourage students and staff with simple care packages, hand-written notes, coffee stations, & more! Any other ideas? Comment on our post on Facebook!